Sunday, March 29, 2009

Shashlik -Шашлык

Shashlik is my new favorite food! It is much like shishkabob. It is cooked outdoors over charcoal.

Yesterday, I went to the souviener market. First, I had to eat this wonderful food! The smell of the bbq and the charcoal is wonderful! And here, you sit outside in the cold. It has been warmer the past few days, but in the US, we would never do this....
A few weeks ago, when it was colder, we walked by McDonald's at like 8 pm, and tons of people were sitting outside eating.
Something else interesting from yesterday - so I was sitting eating, and and an older man came up and asked if he could sit with me because there were no more tables. I am not sure what he said, or which language he was speaking, but I told him in Russian, "please, sit down." Turns out he was from Hungary and was here on business. He did not speak much English, but he spoke Italian (which is sort of similar to Spaish). So we spoke in Spanish and Russian.

When we were done eating, we walked aroung the flea market and he kept telling me what poor quality all of the stuff was... I bought some more magnets, but that was it.
Today, the weather is warmer... I walked to the office for the first time. Takes like 10-15 minutes.
Here are some pics I took of the canal near the office the other day.

I am excited I am going to make yoga again today!

No comments: