- The ladies here have figured out how to walk/run in high heels on the ice.
- With the young men, they like to slide on the ice like they were ice skating.
- I have seen two dogs wearing pants - like a whole snow suit!
- I have seen one cat in my building, and it looks very scared.
- The furs - yes, there are lots of fur coats and hats, and yes, they do wear the square-type fur hats we think of.
- Interesting clothing patterns - like tights/pantyhose with rose designs.
- Sometimes people wear the same clothes for several days at work.
- The metro at rush hour is CRAMMED full.
- In public, people hardly talk or make eye contact.
- Women do not shake hands here, however men are always expected to.
- The checkout girls at the grocery near me wear little blue hats and blue eyeshadow. Perhaps it is a themed grocery store?
- The apartments vary wildly here. Some unusual furniture and decorations and colors.
- I only have Russian tv right now. I watch alot of MTV and SouthPark.
That is all I can think of right now. I'll try to get some more pictures soon.
Work is going well, and I think I've found an apartment I like, so eating is still my biggest challenge. Last night, I had instant mashed potatoes and bread and cheese. I just need to take the time to go to one of the big, good grocery stores. I guess it is kind of like trying to eat from the Minit Mart.....
I'll talk to you soon!