Sunday, August 2, 2009

Shoe shopping in Moscow...

I was at the Europesky mall today attempting to shop for shoes.... I really cannot describe what I see in the stores here, but please look at this link I got when I typed in "ladies shoes moscow"

http://svik.hit.bg

This is an important site for many reasons:
  1. First, you will notice how this girl poses in all of the pictures.... this is what you see everywhere here - the girls make these really sexy poses for EVERY picture.....no matter where they are. It must be something that is taught at a very young age.
  2. You can see some of the shoe choices I am talking about if you click on the link next to the sound button - it says "gallery" in Russian, what starts with a backwards looking 7, is actually a G in Russian. Also have a look at the link -3a Hac...

Ok, so I really don't think I will be able to get with these strange fashion statements... Lots of patent leather, bows and ribbons, other wild colors... I mean, I just want like - sensible, professional shoes that I can actually walk in......

And, I should not really wonder why that concept doesn't really exist here... Sensible and professional haven't quite evolved here.... I have seen quite a few see-through shirts/skirts in the office... I am sure no one can imagine why I might want sensible shoes :)

3 comments:

Kalki Weisthor said...

I never would have noticed whether any of those models were wearing shoes, or not.

Michelle said...

hahahahaha... precisely, Bob!

So, I got an instant message today at work from one of the Atlanta guys... someone was wearing a see-through shirt in the office... it is quite common here...

different world for sure.....

you should come visit....

Kalki Weisthor said...

Oh, I will, Michelle, if you're there long enough. I have some stuff to get thru here first...