Monday, July 20, 2009

Russia

Sorry, it has been so long since I posted anything.... but, right before I went to Kiev, I spilled coffee on my personal laptop at home....... and ruined my computer....

The office IT told me where to take it to have it looked at for repair. Well, just finding the place was an adventure (challenge).... Way up on the Gray Line of the Metro, then I went into 3 buildings... Finally, I found the right building. I was told they spoke English... .Yeah, they spoke English like I speak Russian!

So, they said it would be $400 for a new keyboard and a new motherboard, and they did not seem certain that would fix it... So, I decided not to fix it....

Then, I thought, well, I'll buy one in the US and have it shipped here - another great idea that is not possible here due to customs restrictions....

Oh well, I will figure something out. It is actually kind of nice not to be connected all of the time.... It has given me time to watch more TV. There is an English Russian new channel where I have been watching some very interesting shows and learning alot about Russia.

The longer I am here, the more truly bizzare things I see. I will post some pics from this weekend.

No comments: