Monday, December 8, 2008

More pictures from Moscow

Well, there is nothing new to report, things are moving along as planned! I thought I'd post some more of the pictures I took in September.







The yellow building is a governmental building in the Kremlin. The word "kremlin" means "fortress." The Kremlin is a walled area with official buildings and many churches.

















The red building to the left is a museum, I believe. It is right off of Red Square. Very beautiful!











Some examples of Russian Orthodox Icon painting on the outside of a church in the Kremlin.













A beautiful church with golden domes. I asked my Russian guide what the significance of the dome shape was, and she told me that it signified the flame of a candle.... I certainly need to learn more about the Russian Orthodox religion!











I have no idea what this building was, but I thought it was very pretty!

No comments: